Enrolling/Transferring - ACT Public Schools
Parents/carers are welcome to apply to enrol/transfer their son or daughter at any time during the school year using an online application form. Full details are available from the Education website.
Parents/carers seeking to enrol their child in an ACT Government school must complete an on-line application. This applies to parents/carers who wish to enrol their child at a government high school in year 7 2016, and parents/carers of students in years 8, 9 or 10 who wish to transfer their child from another school.
Process for enrolment
- Enrolment period for Year 7 2016 opens on 28th April and closes on 5th June 2015.
- Parent/ Carer completes online application to enrol in an ACT public school.
- Offers of enrolment are sent around 16th June.
- Parent / carer accepts offer of enrolment and provides the following required documentation (in the form of original documents or certified copies of original documents) to the school:
- proof of student's identity and date of birth (eg birth certificate or passport)
- proof of student's residential address (eg medium/long term lease, electricity /utilities account. NB: a driver's licence is not accepted as proof of residence)
- copies of any family law or other relevant court orders
- immunisation history
- emergency treatment plans where required (eg for allergies, asthma etc).
- If the offer of enrolment is not for the school of choice, and the applicant seeks a review of the enrolment decision the applicant should accept the initial enrolment offer in case the review of the enrolment decision is not successful.
- If the review of enrolment decision is not accepted the applicant may lodge an appeal of the review by writing to the Office for Schools.
- If the appeal decision is not accepted the applicant may lodge an appeal directly with the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Priority enrolment areas
For enrolment at Lanyon High School priority is given to students residing in Banks, Conder, Gordon and Bonython