Lanyon Cluster of Schools
Where is the Lanyon Cluster?
- on the southern edge of Canberra, A.C.T.
- four schools serving the people of the Lanyon Valley within the Tuggeranong Valley
The cluster has:
- a shared purpose
- a shared understandings about teaching and learning
Students in the Lanyon Cluster can build on their learning from primary school to high school through the Lanyon Cluster Transitions Pathways
. These include common approaches to reading, spelling, mathematics and assessment to develop academic skills. Social skills are developed through strategies such as cooperative learning and 'Circle Time'.
The Lanyon Cluster Transitions Pathways also includes high school visits, open nights, dance and PE workshops led by high school students.
The Lanyon Cluster Vision
The schools of the Lanyon Cluster collaborate to achieve a culture for the success of all through:
- Continuous professional learning for teachers to ensure high quality student outcomes
- Learning that engages, motivates and values students as individuals
- Educational programs of high intellectual quality designed to challenge and support students
- Learning that is connected to real world issues which are relevant to students’ lives