Lanyon High identifies that students respond to multiple platforms and ways to access their learning. As part of the Continuum of Education support model, The Enrichment Centre offers an inclusive and non-discriminating flexible learning program for students who have disengaged from the more structured learning classroom or are looking for an alternate way of completing their education. It enables students to design and tread their own educational pathway based on developing interest, knowledge and skills.
Some students who access The Enrichment Centre will be case managed through an identified support teacher. Case management opportunities exist to support students with:
- Health and well being
- Practical issues
- Working with other services (Youth Centres, Centrelink, health, drug and alcohol services, YJ)
- Coaching and goal-setting
- Developing an individualised learning plan and timetable
- Transition to future pathways plan
- Communication with other staff at school
For more information please contact Kim Rice.