Lanyon High School Uniform
The School Board approved the inclusion of a plain navy skirt as part of the uniform. The approved skirt is available from Savvy School and Formal Wear in Homeworld at Tuggeranong. It is a Stubbies drop waist skirt and costs $39.90. No other skirt is acceptable. Navy tights may be worn with the skirt and are also available at Savvy at a cost of $11.95. Thank you to Tori Heron in Year 10 for all her hard work in locating a suitable skirt.
1. Policy Statement
1.1 Lanyon High School has a school uniform. It is expected that all students will wear the school uniform.
2.1 After wide consultation with parents, students, staff and the local community, it has been agreed that Lanyon High School will implement a school uniform.
3.1 The wearing of a school uniform contributes to the safe and welcoming environment at Lanyon High School. It also assists in presenting a positive school image in the wider community and a sense of school community amongst our students.
3.2 The school uniform complies with guidelines for SunSmart Schools developed by the Australian Cancer Council and safety guidelines for appropriate dress in practical areas.
3.3 The school uniform provides easy identification of Lanyon High School students in playground areas and on excursions.
3.4 The school uniform is cost effective for parents.
3.5 The school uniform reduces peer pressure on students to wear expensive ‘brand name’ fashion clothing to school. It also reduces appearance based bullying related to clothing.
3.6 The school uniform can be easily supported and regulated by parents and staff.
4.1 All students and parents are informed of and are asked for their support of the school uniform policy on enrolment and through information letters.
4.2 There is regular reinforcement of the uniform policy in a positive way through newsletters, parent meetings and school activities.
4.3 Students are regularly reminded of the policy.
4.4 Uniforms are sold at the front office.
4.5 When students leave parents will be encouraged to donate uniforms to a second hand shop.
4.6 Students are required to wear school uniform on all school excursions. Failure to do this will result in the student remaining at school.
4.7 Students not wearing uniform will be required to wear a school uniform provided by the school for that day.
4.8 Students regularly out of uniform will be placed on the stop list.
4.9 Where there is persistent non-compliance with the policy, parents will be asked to discuss the issue with the principal.
4.10 Where parents have financial difficulty they are asked to discuss the issue with the principal.
• White with navy polo shirt with Lanyon High School logo
• Navy with white hooded jacket with Lanyon High School logo
• Plain navy jumper or cardigan (no stripes or logos)
• Year 10 specific shirt
• Year 10 specific jumper
• Navy blue water resistant jacket with Lanyon High School logo- available through orders only
• Plain navy blue shorts or with Lanyon High School logo (no stripes or logos)
• Plain navy blue track pants or with Lanyon High School logo (no stripes or logos)
• Plain navy blue pants or dark blue jeans (light blue jeans are not acceptable and jeans must be neat and tidy – no rips)
• Navy blue school skirt (Stubbies drop waist skirt) available from Savvy School and Formal Wear at Homeworld, Tuggeranong and can be worn with navy blue tights.
As PE is a compulsory subject, all students will require a PE uniform in addition to their school uniform.
• Navy with white polo shirt with Lanyon High School logo
• Navy with white hooded jacket with Lanyon High School logo (as per school uniform)
• Navy blue shorts with Lanyon High School logo (as per school uniform)
• Navy blue track pants with Lanyon High School logo (as per school uniform)
• Sneakers/joggers (preferably with a cushioned sole)
• Shorts must be of appropriate length. Short shorts are not permitted.
• All clothing and footwear must be neat and tidy.
• Leggings and tights worn without a skirt are not acceptable.
Students are required to wear appropriate footwear designed to enclose the foot, at all times. Thongs, scuffs or sandals that allow the foot to easily slip out, are not permitted as this is an Occupational Health and Safety risk in schools.
Some shoes including canvas shoes and Ugg Boots are not permitted in some practical areas of the school e.g. workshops, science experiments, kitchens, art and sewing rooms as this is an Occupational Health and Safety risk in these areas. Ugg Boots are not appropriate footwear for school.
SunSmart Schools Policy
Occupational Health and Safety Policy